Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I like camping

It is a fairly simple statement, but there is so much delight when I say it! Camping offers the ideal lifestyle routine for me.  Apart from putting up and pulling apart my awesome tent (Danke Schön Mark) every day, I thoroughly enjoy snuggling up in my chrysalis sleeping bag and falling asleep to the various sounds of my surroundings.  Whether it be a flowing river, desert silence (except that hungry jackal or whatever that thing was that got into the rubbish bin one night), Atlantic ocean waves or comforting night animal sounds, I love it all! 

The thing about camping is, when it gets dark, it gets a little chilly and once we have had dinner, watched an episode of ‘Long Way Down’ or read a bit from the Bradt (Fiver), Lonely Planet (me) or Getaway Guide (Stuart) on the current country it is pretty much bed time.  This is like 8pm…max! 

When one goes to bed so early, one can only sleep for so long, so I am wide awake and crawling out of my awesome tent before dawn nearly every morning with absolute ease! AND IT’S FABULOUS!

Dad, you would be so proud of my newfound eagerness for early mornings. However, Fiver does not always share my joy and actually she has a few words for you every morning that I prance around the campsite singing ‘wakey wakey’ with more enthusiasm than you could throw a stick at, while she wishes she could keep sleeping. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment