Thursday, September 3, 2009

Scenic flight sights!


1 hour flight over the Okavango delta. O yes!

Yes yes you can see it from space, but we chose a more practical height for scenic photos - 500ft.  That, and you know, space travel is just that $100million or so extra.

Our pilot, Captain no-name, took us on a loop above the spectacular, word thieving Okavango Delta.  Completely lacked personality and flare, this guy – ‘hi, here we go, great, enjoy your day, bye see ya later’.  Talk about clocking up the hours, and Stuart said he even stalled the engine when we came into land.  He was no bigger than a hobbit, I was sure he couldn’t see the runway when we were taking off.

 ‘Beautiful view’ doesn’t even begin to describe what we saw.  Nothing I write will be able to do the Okavango any justice, you simply have to see it for yourself. As I have never seen anything like it… nothing compares.  Sinead O’Connor, you beaut! 

The sights I am seeing on this trip are just incredible.  Mum and dad, be prepared for some very lengthy photo viewing sessions with me when I return.  Think, B and her cute pictures of puppy bones… now times it by a million.  Sorry B, I might out do ya there.

 

Here are two hippos trying to hide from us, but a terrible effort:

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment